We are looking for an experienced VFX artist that lives within Unity. The Technical Artist will be the translator for artists and programmers, ensuring that all player-facing visuals are cutting-edge and cohesive. The ideal candidate has extensive Unity experience and is not only highly technical, but has the creative eye to boot.
What you’ll be doing
You will be managing and improving the content creation pipeline, acting as a vital link between art and engineering.
- Work together with game designers, artists and developers to create and implement visually stunning particle systems
- Ensure that all player-facing visuals and effects are up to the desired quality bar
- Implement art assets in Unity
- Build better tools, working with developers to integrate tool and system content, and proposing additional solutions when possible
- Establish specifications and standards to improve artist workflows
- Contribute to the continuous studio content pipelines
- Troubleshoot content and asset-related technical issues
- Document and uphold best practices
- Fix bugs identified by the team and players
- Push the limits of systems and visual quality for projects
Max Level Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in game development with at least one shipped game title (mobile preferred)
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine
- Expertise with particle systems (in Unity)
- Expert in scripting with C# within the Unity environment
- Working knowledge of 2D graphics & animation software
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates both your exceptional technical ability and creativity
- BS or MS degree in design, games-related or technical field is a plus
- Positive and solution-oriented! You aren’t afraid of roadbumps that may come
- A motivated problem solver -- you love to take on creative issues from a technical perspective
- Able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment under fast deadlines
- Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
- Always learning! You are up-to-date with current art techniques, trends and development processes
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual mobile games. At Game Hive, we look towards innovation, invention and all-around epic-ness in not only our games, but also the people behind them. We’re expanding (quick!) and thus looking for passionate, work-hard-play-hard professionals to join our rapidly growing company. This is an opportunity to work alongside a veteran team, and grow into a marketing maven.
- Grow our games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
- Competitive salary
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings
- Great office location and all the snacks and drinks you can consume to keep the Hive fuelled