The Hero Profile
The Marketing Artist / Animator will be creating animated trailers, motion graphics and eye-catching design content for our games that reach millions of players every day. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of storytelling in both creative and business perspectives through multimedia content. You’re committed to your craft and know that your graphics and video wizardry can showcase Game Hive at the next level.
What you’ll be doing
• Create key marketing and production-based materials such as animated game trailers, promotional videos and other content as needed
• Interpret creative briefs and articulate concepts, and translate ideas into visually compelling videos and designs
• Communicate concepts to directors, programmers and the marketing team via moodboards, links, sketches and proposals before commencing on design and production
• Edit game cinematic scenes and storytelling content as needed
• Design posters, graphics and other solutions that meet marketing objectives and brand standards (e.g. social media, web, advertisements, event banners, blog etc.)
• Utilize exceptional design, layout and diverse tools to create compelling digital content to promote our catalogue of games.
• Take ownership for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary
• Work within the established art, technical, visual and physical parameters in accordance to game design & concept
• Strategize with cross-functional creatives and marketing stakeholders
What we’re looking for...
Essential skills and qualifications include:
• 2-4 years of experience in video editing, 2D animation & motion design software, hardware and techniques for a consumer brand
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a graphic design, arts or animation discipline
• Mastery of one (or more) animation and video editing packages/software (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut, Sketch, ToonBoom, Adobe Flash)
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
• Strong portfolio of multimedia content, including animated videos and digital or print marketing graphics
• Proven experience working with style guides and moodboards
• A storyteller at heart! You can pitch and communicate not only through written and verbal means, but through creative & engaging mediums as well
• Collaborative and eager to flesh out varying ideas into your designs
• Able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment under fast deadlines
• Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
• Enthusiastic and excited about games!
Plusses - good to have, but not required:
• Experience in Basic Expressions, Particles, Post Effects would be an asset
• Basic knowledge of Unity3D
• Cinematography experience
• Previous experience in a startup environment
**Please include a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel in your application**
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada to apply.
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual games in the increasingly mobile world. At Game Hive, we look towards innovation and invention to disrupt the mobile game industry and create games that can be enjoyed by all. We’re focused on making epic games, with an epic team to boot. From conception & planning to programming & animation, we pride ourselves in creating addictive, fun games within our tight-knit Hive!
• Build games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Comprehensive health/dental benefits package
• Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no BS environment
• Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings
• Great office location and all the snacks and drinks you can consume to keep you fuelled
This is a full-time permanent position in our Toronto head office, located at 22 Adelaide Street West. Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.