The Hero Profile
We are looking for a 2D Animator to join us! If you’re looking to bring life to characters and environments, and are passionate about building world-class mobile games, this is the role for you. The ideal candidate has a creative eye and isn’t afraid to try new things or take on challenges. Passionate about your craft and with the portfolio to boot, you own your work and are eager to show our millions of players what you’ve got.
What you’ll be doing
• Create stunning in-game animations, responsive and consistent with the overall game concepts and physics
• Prepare animations for export to game engine
• Assist in the integration of animation with designers and programmers to build a cohesive vision for game experience
• Work within the established art, technical, visual and physical parameters in accordance to game design, concept and under direction of the Senior Art Team
• Assist with Lead Artist & Product team to establish the animation style and vision for the project
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to learn for performing various tasks and approaching new learning techniques
• Provide creative solutions for technical art problems that may come up
• Keep up-to-date with current technologies in the animation industry
• Provide general support to debug animation systems
What we’re looking for
Essential skills and qualifications include:
• Post-secondary degree, diploma in Art/Animation
• Minimum 6 months of experience in animating for video games
• 3-5 years of industry experience
• Outstanding demo reel must be included in initial application!
• Proven experience in animation and video software (ToonBoom, Adobe Flash preferred)
• Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
• Proven experience working with style guides and moodboards
• Ability to work creatively in a demanding (but fun!) team-focused environment under tight deadlines
Plusses - good to have, but not required!
• Proven video editing knowledge and skills: Premier, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Basic knowledge of Unity Engine
• Passion for casual games in the mobile space
• Previous experience in a startup environment
• Knowledge of Game Hive titles
**Please include a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel in your application**
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada to apply.
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual games in the increasingly mobile world. At Game Hive we look towards innovation and invention to disrupt the mobile game industry and create games that can be enjoyed by all. We’re focused on making epic games, with an epic team. From conception and planning to programming and animation, we pride ourselves in creating addictive, fun games within our tight-knit Hive!
• Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life
• Receive a competitive salary and bonus
• Receive a comprehensive benefits package
• Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources
• Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
• Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun socials!
• Work in a central office location with all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume to keep you fuelled
This is a full-time permanent position in our Toronto head office, located at 22 Adelaide Street West. Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.