The Hero Profile
The UI Artist will be working closely with a diverse team of developers, designers and producers to work on innovative games. The ideal candidate is creative and fearless in experimenting with inventive UI design. You will be working with the team to define the look and feel of a game, designing solutions that uphold to the Game Hive standard. You are both intuitive and attentive, and can’t wait to flex your artistic skills in the mobile space.
What you’ll be doing...
- Design art concepts for the features of mobile games with a global audience
- Create dynamic, reactive and appealing UI
- Iterate on user interface assets according to reviews, community feedback, changing requirements, and user research
- Produce sketches to illustrate and concept designs for action gameplay; user interfaces / game experience; characters; social features; reward structures; and further in-game assets as required
- Develop visual systems that achieve goals from both game design and UX perspectives
- Take ownership for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary
- Be an advocate to our loyal players by designing features that exceed regular standards and expectations!
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies in the digital illustration industry
Essential skills and qualifications include...
- Post-secondary degree, diploma (or equivalent experience) in graphic design, illustration or related disciplines
- 2-5 years of industry experience in designing game-related user interfaces for mobile devices and in-game assets
- Mastery of one (or more) illustration software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Technical/hands-on experience building interfaces with Unity’s UI authoring tools
- Ability to work within a style guide for a major IP to suit the needs of a mobile game experience
- Strong understanding and experience applying UX interaction concepts
- Passionate about video games!
- Detail-oriented and driven for pixel perfection
- Able to work creatively and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
- Plusses - good to have, but not required!...
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of the free-to-play mobile space
A link to your portfolio must be sent with your application. Must be legally eligible to work in Canada to apply.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date. We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans, Beat the Boss and Antrim Escape series (and many, more!).
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life
- Receive a competitive salary and bonus
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun socials!
- Work in a central office location with all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume to keep you fuelled