The Hero Profile
Game Hive is growing and we are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Recruiting Coordinator to help drive our growth. This role would be supporting the Head of People and Culture where you would be executing recruitment and sourcing strategies. Not only will you be supporting our day-to-day coordination of candidates and projects, but you will be providing meaningful input into the voice and brand of Game Hive. You will innovate and deliver hiring solutions, but also be seeking out opportunities to improve and create.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing studio where your work will make a direct impact to the company’s one-of-a-kind culture. We’re making our impact, and we want you to make yours too.
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual games in the increasingly mobile world. At Game Hive we look towards innovation and invention to disrupt the mobile game industry and create games that can be enjoyed by all. We’re focused on making epic games with an epic team.
What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities)
- Proactively conduct job analysis: drafting and updating job descriptions as needed, in collaboration and effective communication with hiring managers
- Support the full recruitment cycle from application review until the final offer
- Evaluate talent during the recruitment process based on values and competencies framework
- Act as the liaison between candidates and the hiring managers throughout the hiring funnel
- Manage clear communications with candidates during the process and after (including rejections) to ensure high quality candidate experience, reflective of Game Hive culture
- Record all recruitment and candidate activities in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Support, initiate and attend recruiting event efforts, onboarding new findings into Game Hive strategy
- Initiate and facilitate company events — as we continue to foster our lively and one-of-a-kind culture through this unique period of remote work
- Work closely with the Head of People and Culture to execute employer branding strategy
- Actively partner with our wider People Operations initiatives involving improving processes and supporting cross-functional projects as we grow!
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
- A recent graduate in Business Management, Communications, or related field.
- A professional with up to 2 years of coordination experience — e.g. administrative assistant, hospitality, events, with a preference in recruitment / HR function.
- Fluent in Microsoft and Google suites.
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal. You know how to present yourself, and to capture a voice to a brand.
- Always looking for ways to improve — you want to innovate, optimize, and elevate processes.
- Meticulous in the details and thrive off organization and calendar management.
- Open and adaptable to change.
- Resilient and thrive in both the routine and amidst unexpected disruptions.
- Passionate about start-ups and the environment, ownership and potential it brings.
- Looking to grow. Talent, HR and People Ops interests you… especially in tech!
- Post-secondary education in an HR Program
- Experience in the recruitment process, from application review to onboarding
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life.
- Receive a competitive salary and growth structure
- Receive a comprehensive health and dental spend, ready for you on Day 1
- A continuous education grant, ready for you on Day 1. Learning and development are key here.
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment.
- We’ve adapted and we’re remote, but the fun certainly doesn’t stop — we’re committed to maintaining and dare-we-say, even elevating our GH fun times culture with: regular paid team lunches, at-home contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- Working in a central office location with spectacular food and all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume. And a dedicated game room, of course!
Join the Hive
Get with us! Send us the following to apply:
- Your resume in PDF format
- Cover letter writing in why you would be the best fit. Note: only candidates who submit a cover letter will be considered.
Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date. We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans and Beat the Boss series, as well as our latest release in 2020, Battle Bouncers.