The Hero Profile
You're the type of person who can handle a fair amount of work freedom while understanding how to manage yourself.
You move fast, and you thrive off of new solutions to unique problems.
You know when to build something on your own or when to leverage existing solutions, and have confidence in your skills to make key decisions.
You prioritize creating the most enjoyable experience for the players.
You are passionate about innovating in the mobile gaming space and pushing technology forward.
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual mobile games. A people-and-fun-oriented studio, we are dedicated to creating games that tap into the interests of anyone and everyone! At Game Hive, we look towards innovation, invention and all-around epic-ness in not only our games, but also the people behind them. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working on some of the most popular titles in the mobile space.
- Continuously build games that you make a serious impact in!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- A learning fund for your professional development
- A fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings (even while we’re remote ;) )
- Great central office location with all the snacks and drinks you can consume
What you'll be doing
- Building highly scalable, secure, robust back-end infrastructure capable of supporting millions of players.
- Creating necessary tools and systems to support the company as it grows.
- Leveraging technology to improve the workflow of other developers, artists and marketing.
Max Level Skills
- Proficiency in Python (including libraries such as Flask and SQLAlchemy)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills/frameworks/tools quickly
- Can comfortably navigate the command line and write shell scripts
- Familiarity with creating and deploying Docker containers Ability to work in Linux/Unix environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret analytical data and trends
Good to have, but not required.
- Familiarity with cloud providers Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience building and deploying service to run on a Kubernetes environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Join the Hive!
To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why we need you.