Game Hive is seeking a Intermediate/Senior Game Developer with strong proficiency in algorithm and game development. As a Game Developer, you are a highly motivated individual with an eagle eye for detail — you think, eat, and dream in code.
From building on existing ideas to developing new projects with like-minded teammates — you want to be a part of it all! In this role, you will specify, design, build, implement and manage existing and new game features. Not only this, you will also be working in a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
The Hero Profile (Responsibilities)
Some bite-sized bullet points of the job description are:
- You will design, implement, maintain, test and debug game features and code
- You will take part in the technical design and implementation of user-facing features and maintain a high-quality standard throughout the development cycle
- You will maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- You will investigate and resolve issues with the QA team
- You will deliver high-quality and well-structured code
- You will be continuously sharing knowledge and helping colleagues
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
Are you passionate? Are you a creative team player? At Game Hive, programming experience, dedication for gaming, as well as the willingness to share great ideas are all equally valued.
Other qualities we’re looking for in our developers include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field; or an equivalent from a university
- Excellent C# programming skills (or similar, i.e. C / C++ / Java) — 4+ years of experience
- 3+ years of experience as a developer in the gaming industry with 1 shipped title
- Confidence and experience working in the Unity engine
- Professional experience from Android or iOS development (3+ years)
- Passion for game development!
- High sense of quality and polish
- Capability of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
Bonus Points (Good to have, but not required):
- Links to personal projects/games you’ve developed
- Experience working with content pipelines
- Experience with multi-player technology
- Experience in working with memory/performance critical applications
- Build games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
- Competitive salary and growth structure
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits package, from Day 1
- An education grant, ready for you on Day 1. Learning and development are key here.
- A WFH spend - during this remote period, we want your at-home workstation to work for you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- We’ve adapted and are remote, but you better believe the fun doesn’t stop — we’re committed to maintaining and dare-we-say, even elevating our GH fun times culture with: regular paid team lunches, at-home contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- working in the heart of downtown Toronto with an exceptional view, all the snacks and drinks you can consume, and a game room to boot!
Join the Hive
Send us your resume and cover letter, and let us know why you’re passionate about this industry. Please include links to any shipped titles or projects that you have worked on as well.
Game Hive is an equal opportunity employer. We put heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date.
We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans and Beat the Boss series, as well as our latest release in 2020, Battle Bouncers.