The Hero Profile
You're the type of person who can handle a fair amount of work freedom while understanding how to manage yourself. Knowing that, "with great power comes great responsibility," you move fast, and you thrive off of new solutions to unique problems. You know when to build something on your own or when to leverage existing solutions, and have confidence in your skills to make key decisions.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date.
We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans, Beat the Boss and Antrim Escape series (and many, more!).
- Build games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive health/dental benefits package
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings
- Great office location and all the snacks and drinks you can consume to keep you fuelled
- Building web APIs for our mobile game features
- Collecting metrics from game usage to server health
- Ensuring the performance, scalability, and reliability of our servers
Max Level Skills:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience
- You’ll be doing Python development (including frameworks such as Flask and SqlAlchemy)
- You’ll be responsible for the PostgreSQL database schema design of any feature you build
- You’ll be working with a series of production Redis deployments and should know when data belongs in Redis vs PostgreSQL
- You'll be using/developing in a Linux environment
- You're able to manage multiple Linux machines
- You'll feel comfortable managing the performance and reliability of our servers
- Markup, server code, database schema, AWS - You're comfortable with managing it all
- You’ll grow incredibly familiar with Amazon Web Services, if you aren’t already
- You’ll be talking about games. A lot. And playing some too, if you like
Technologies and Languages used
- Python, Flask, SqlAlchemy, Memcached, Redis, Celery, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Amazon Web Services (AWS).