We are looking for a Data Analyst who loves to dive deep into the complexities of data to extract impactful business insights. You have a creative outlet to present beautiful visualizations and a passion for data science and analytics.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing dashboards across multiple functions - are you ready to advance analytics at Game Hive?
- Build fully functional and visually appealing dashboards and other data visualizations using key business metrics and KPI’s
- Identify trends and behaviours using evidence from key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Write complex queries in a logical and organized manner to improve existing data analytical platforms
- Conduct, present and explain statistical analyses in a clear and concise manner that will directly impact executive decisions
- Perform ongoing QA and debugging of analytical platforms by working with key stakeholders
- Validate data within existing data warehouse to assist the Data Scientist in ensuring successful implementation of data pipelines and ETL
- Work closely with the Data Scientist to identify and build new data pipelines and tables needed for business analytics
- Support the Data Scientist to continuously improve and enhance performance of business analytical platforms
- Proactively influence and assist in building a core foundation of data science and data analytics at Game Hive
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
You are a team player with a highly positive attitude. You have a high aptitude for business and data analysis and you are keen on driving insights. Most of all, you love playing games!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Finance) or related analytical fields
- 1 - 3 years of professional working experience in data science or business analytics
- Must have strong proficiency in Tableau (extracts, action filtering, parameter creation, dashboard design and visualization)
- Must have strong SQL skills and general database knowledge
- Must have good knowledge of statistical analysis and techniques (sampling, time series, regression)
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have a strong understanding of reporting data integrity and accuracy
- Proven ability to query and handle large complex datasets from various different sources
- Ability to be an effective communicator by presenting, explaining and simplifying technical concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to approach analytical challenges in a positive way
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies for furthering data science and analytics at Game Hive
Good to have, but not required.
- Experience with one or more (statistical) programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience scripting and performing data ETL
- Experience in social or mobile game development
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
- Knowledge of mobile app advertising and online marketing
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual mobile games. A people-and-fun-oriented studio, we are dedicated to creating games that tap into the interests of anyone and everyone! At Game Hive, we look towards innovation, invention and all-around epic-ness in not only our games, but also the people behind them. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working on some of the most popular titles in the mobile space.
- Continuously build games that you make serious impact in!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- A learning fund for your professional development
- A fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings
- Great central office location with all the snacks and drinks you can consume