The Hero Profile (Role)
We are looking for a Game Designer with strong quantitative analytical capability to advance a globally recognized game to another level.
The Game Designer will be responsible for creating new game content while also iterating on current gameplay mechanics. Strategic and analytical, you understand numbers and data. That, paired with your can-do attitude and proven leadership ability, you will be an integral part of the complete game design process. Numbers are your thing, and so are games.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Making things happen! You pursue perfection and balance in every detail of a game
• Polish and work on action gameplay, game balancing, economy, social features and reward structures within core game curves
• Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
• Provide actionable recommendations and work directly with programmers and artists to ensure game design mechanics and user experiences are correctly implemented
• Write programs and analyses to calculate and report on mathematical features and balance of our games
• Script stage mechanics, gameplay scenarios and prototypes
• Be an advocate for players by designing features that exceed their expectations
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of design documentation
• Present conclusions in a clear, understandable and valuable manner both through oral presentation and easy-to-understand visual forms
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, sciences, economics (or related disciplines)
• Strong proficiency with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, Lua…)
• Adept in Excel and spreadsheets
• Aptitude for learning new technology, level editors and scripting languages.
• Proven applied experience in querying large data sets and big data
• Understands the importance of analysis transparency and reproducibility as best practices
• Is on top of mobile game market trends and platforms
• Creativity and an understanding of game mechanics (e.g. flow/pacing)
• Knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay required
• Willingness to be a hero!
BONUS POINTS (Good to have, but not required):
• Experienced in mobile game design and game editors (e.g. Unity)
• Portfolio of personal game projects or game mods
• Basic knowledge of C++
• Coding knowledge and/or some amount of technical experience
• Familiarity with idle clicker games
Game Hive is building a new generation of casual mobile games. A people-and-fun-oriented studio, we are dedicated to creating games that tap into the interests of anyone and everyone! At Game Hive, we look towards innovation, invention and all-around epicness in not only our games, but also the people behind them. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working on some of the most popular titles in the mobile space.
• Build games and work on projects that you’ll be proud of!
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Comprehensive health/dental benefits package
• Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no BS environment
• Regular paid team lunches, events, and other fun outings
• Great office location and all the snacks and drinks you can consume to keep you fuelled